IIM Nagpur invites applications from suitable candidates for the position of Library Trainee.
Position: Library Trainee
No. of Positions: 02
Qualification and Experience:
- First class post-graduation in library and information science from a recognized Indian university.
- Experience of work in institute of higher education/ research is desirable.
Age: Not exceeding 27 Years
The duties of the person include but are not limited to the following-
- Selected candidate will need to work in shift duties 6 days a week including Sundays & public holidays as per the needs of the Institute.
- To conduct circulation, shelving, reference service duties regularly.
- To catalogue and classify the library books by using standard rules (MARC21, DDC etc.).
- To assist users in locating library books and other information sources.
- Library trainee will assist the Assistant Library & Information Officer in day-to-day library operations.
- To attend any other duties assigned by the reporting authorities from time to time.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of IT applications used in libraries.
- Knowledge of library procedures and standards (such as DDC, MARC format etc.).
- Hands on experience of library software applications such as KOHA, DSPACE etc.
The selected person will report to the Assistant Library and Information Officer.
Salary & Benefits:
In the range of Rs. 20,000 – Rs. 25,000/-per month depending on the qualifications, experience, and performance in the interview.
Selected candidate will be offered a fixed term appointment for a period of one year on a consolidated monthly stipend mode. The contract may be extended further based on the performance and institute’s requirements, but the total tenure of the library trainee in the institute will not exceed 2 years.
A certificate of experience will be issued to those who complete at least six months of the traineeship.
How to apply:
Interested candidates meeting all the job requirements are advised to APPLY ONLINE ONLY on the IIM Nagpur website latest by 02. 02 .2023 up to 5:00 PM.
Note: If during or after completion of the contract period, the Institute finds the candidate suitable for any other role, the same may be offered to him/her.
Only the shortlisted/selected candidates will be informed about the further Interview process/ results of the Interview.
We encourage OBC, SC/ST, PWD & EWS candidates to apply for the position