RECRUITMENT NOTIFICATION NO. 12/2021
Advertisement for Library Apprentice Trainees
About IIM Indore
Established in 1996, with the objectives of imparting high quality management education and training by the Department of Higher Education,Ministry of Education (MoE) Government of India; IIM Indore is recognized as one of the premier management institutions, comparable to the best in the world for teaching, research and interaction with industries and is an institute of national importance under the Indian Institutes of Management Act 2017.
Spread over 193 acres, IIM Indore stands with pride, with the Triple Crown of triple accreditation, first from the Association of MBAs, AMBA in 2016 (a UK-based accreditation agency); and second from the AACSB in 2019. Recently, the Institute has also received re-accreditation from AMBA for next five years. The Institute has been awarded the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation by EFMD, the globally recognized international organization for management development on December 10, 2019. As of March 2019, the ‘Triple Crown’ was received by only 90 business schools globally, out of the 13,000+ schools offering business degree programmes.
IIM Indore is now the second IIM in the nation to receive triple accreditations. IIM Indore has been a leader in the field of management education, interfacing with the industry, government and PSU.
With a mission to be a contextually relevant business school with world-class academic standards that develops socially conscious managers, leaders and entrepreneurs, IIM Indore is one of the fastest growing institutions in India today. The Institute has bagged a position in Top 100 in FT Rankings 2019 and stands at Rank in the NIRF Rankings 2021.
The Indian Institute of Management Indore, Learning Centre is looking for the young, dynamic, tech-savvy, highly motivated and committed Fresh Graduate/Post-Graduates in Library & Information Science from recognized Indian universities with a consistently good academic record to join as Library Apprentice Trainees purely on a temporary basis for one year.
Fresh Graduates / Post-Graduates in Library & Information Science with minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade(if no class awarded from recognized Indian universities) and having a consistently good academic record.
Candidates who have appeared for their final year examination (BLIB, MLIB or Equivalent) and are expecting results soon may also apply. In case a candidate is selected and he/she fails to submit the final marks sheet in support of fulfilment of his/her essential qualification criterion at the time of joining, his/her selection would automatically stand cancelled and such candidate will not be allowed to join the traineeship.
- Basic working knowledge of IT and IT applications related to libraries.
- Basic knowledge of searches of the Databases
- Aware about the Technical Processing
- Knowledge of MARC II and DDC
- Essential working knowledge of retrieval of bibliographic information of books/ebooks from different sources
Number of Trainees to be admitted: FOUR
Nature of Traineeship:
Learn while you work on different functions & services of the IIM Indore Learning Centre.
The duration of traineeship will be for one year from the date of joining the Institute.
Consolidated stipend of Rs.15,000/-per month.
The selected candidates will have to come to the Institute daily (six days in a week). They may be called in different shifts, on weekends and Institute holidays on a rotation basis during the one-year period of apprenticeship. Compensatory off would be provided for working on Institute holidays.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Interested and eligible candidates are requested to send their application in the Prescribed Format along with CV via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with super scribed subject as “APPLICATION FOR LIBRARY APPRENTICE TRAINEES on or before October 30, 2021.
- Application received after October 30, 2021 will not be entertained.
- Application without Prescribed Format will not be considered.
- Mere fulfilling of the qualifications and experience will not confer any right to the candidates for being called for selection process.
- The duration of traineeship will be for one year from the date of joining the Institute.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- The Institute reserves the right not to select anyone without assigning any reason.
- The Institute reserves the right to change/apply appropriate shortlisting criteria in case of large number of applications.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- Only application received through email on or before the last date (October 30, 2021) will be considered.
- No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for attending the written test and interview. Selection of candidates will be based on their academic record, performance in the written test and personal interview.