Sub: Filling up of one (01) post of Library and Information Officer in Level 11 [Rs.67, 700-208700] of the Pay Matrix (PB-3, Rs.15600-39100/- with corresponding Grade Pay of Rs.6600/-) in the Secretariat of the Election Commission of India.
It is proposed to fill up one post of Library and Information Officer in Level 11 [Rs.67, 700-208700] of the Pay Matrix (PB-3, Rs.15600-39100/- with corresponding Grade Pay of Rs.6600/-) in the Secretariat of the Election Commission of India, New Delhi on deputation basis.
2. Officers under the Central Government or State Government or Union territories:
(a)(i) Holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre/department;
(ii) With seven years regular service in post in Level 7 of the Pay Matrix (Pay Band-2 Rs.9300-34800/- with corresponding Grade Pay of Rs.4600/-) or equivalent and
(b) possessing the educational qualification and experience as below: –
(i) Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library Information Science of a recognized University or Institute;
(ii) Five years’ professional experience in a Library under Central/State Government/ Autonomous or Statutory organization/PSU/University or recognized Research or Educational Institution.
(i) One year experience of computerizing Library activities in a Library under Central/State Government/ Autonomous or Statutory organization/PSU/University or recognized Research or Educational Institution.
(ii) One year Professional experience in the specific areas of activities of the Department/Ministry viz. Technical or scientific, if any, to be specified at the time of framing RRs
(iii) Diploma in Computer Applications from a recognized University/ Institution
Note: The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation shall not exceed 56 years as on closing date for receipt of applications.
3. The period of deputation including period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the Election Commission of India or some other organization/ department of the Central Govt. shall not ordinarily exceed three years.
4. The applications, in duplicate, in the enclosed proforma, along with the complete and up-dated C.R. dossier for the last 5 years of the officials who could be spared in the event of his/her selection, may be forwarded to the Principal Secretary (Admin.), Election Commission of India, NirvachanSadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-01 on or before 22.11.2020. Applications received after the last date or otherwise found incomplete will not be considered.
5. Pay of the Official selected on deputation will be regulated under the provisions contained in the Deptt. of Personnel and Training O.M. NO.6/8/2009-Estt.(Pay-II) dated 17.06.2010 as amended from time to time.
6. If anyone is selected from a higher Scale/pay his or her pay shall be protected by the Commission.
7. The official applying for the post will not be allowed to withdraw their nomination subsequently.