Type of Appointment: Regular
Pay Scale: 7th CPC, Level-10
No. of Posts: 01,UR
Age Limit: 40 years (preferable)
- A Masters’ Degree in Library Science, Information Science or Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade in a grade point scale, wherever the grading system is followed.
- Consistently good academic record, with knowledge of computerization of a library.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M. Phil /Ph.D. degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be:
Provided that the, candidates registered for the Ph.D. degree prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances Bye-laws /Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree, and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
- The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in the regular mode
- The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
- Open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
- The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
- The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/ seminars sponsored/ funded/ supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
Note:Fulfillment of the above conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
- Experience of working in Universities/ Institutions of Higher learning, managing Library systems and various common tools used in Libraries.
- Proficiency in maintaining Institute repositories, Desktop publishing, graphics software, creating and maintaining web content, etc.
- Familiarity with search engines viz. WebCrawler, HotBot, MetaCrawler, Ask.com, Savvy Search, Dog pile, SurfWax, Internet sleuth, All One Search, Argus Clearing House etc.