Pay Scale – As Per UGC & State Government Norms.
Essential Qualifications : Eligibility (A or B):
1. A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/ relevant/ allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
2. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SET :
Provided the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances / Bye-laws / Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/ SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in regular mode only;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal; and
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers, based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars, sponsored/ funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
1. The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic affairs) of the University concerned.
2. NET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SET is not conducted. However, Ph.D. degree shall remain the minimum eligibility for appointment of Assistant Professor in such disciplines.
The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
1. Quacquarelli Symonds (QS);
2. the Times Higher Education (THE) or
3. the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Note : i) A relaxation of 5 % may be provided, at the graduate and master’s level for the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently-abled (Physically and visually differently-abled)/other backword class categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teching positions. The eligibility marks of 55 % marks ( or an quivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system in followed) and the relaxation of 5 % to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
ii) A relaxation of 5 % may be provided,from 55 % to 50 % of the marks to the Ph.D. degree holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991.
iii) Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55 % wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university shall also be considered eligible.
iv) The Academic score as specified in Appendix II (Table 3B) of Direction No. 20 of 2019 and Govt. Resolution dated 8th March, 2019 for Colleges, shall be considered for short-listing of the candidates for interview only, and the selections shall be based only on the performance in the interview.
The application may be made on a plain paper/prescribed proforma & addressed to the Principal/Dean/Director on the address given below on or before dated 08-11-2019 along with a crossed postal order of Rs 100 /- drawn in the favour of the Principal/Dean/Director and certified copies of the relevant certificates/ testimonials towards substantiation of eligibility in terms of academic qualifications.
Click Here to View More Information