ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
The University will admit students to 4 Semester Programmes of Studies leading to Master’s Degree (other than M.C.A.) from amongst those who passed the B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. (Three Year Degree Course) Examination or equivalent thereto under the 10+2+3 system and who studied the relevant subject for three years at the Degree level. The minimum (cut-off) marks except for ST/SC/PWD students for admission into the various courses are specified below.
» NO CUT-OFF MARKS FOR SC/ST/PWD CANDIDATES
SC/ST/PWD candidates who have passed the Degree examinations under the 10+2+3 system may apply for admission into the Master’s Degree programmes in the relevant subjects.
» MODE OF SELECTION
1. All eligible candidates for M.A./M.Sc./M.Com/M.C.A./M.L.I.Sc./MPES course or whose result of Bachelor Degree examination or equivalent are awaited shall have to appear at an admission test on the date to be announced and put up on the Notice Board of the department concerned.
2. The preparation of merit list of admission to various courses shall be totally based on admission test mark and weightage given in the prospectus
3. A merit list along with mark obtained (test mark + weightage) shall be announced after the admission test. However the issue of admission slip shall be strictly subject to the necessary verification of degree qualifying marks, weightage and other relevant documents. The verification shall be carried out by the department concerned within a date fixed by the departmental Admission Committee.
4. Candidates not fulfilling the eligibility criteria given in the prospectus shall not be issued Admission slip. Their name(s) shall also be cancelled from the Merit List.
5. In case of any dispute arises the decision of the departmental Admission Committee shall be final.
1.The reservation of seats would be in accordance with the order of Hon’ble Manipur High Court No. M.C.(W.A.) No.54 of 2016 (Ref.W.A.No.40 of 2015) dated 24 August 2016 for ST, SC, OBC and Unreserved as well as the MHRD, Government of India letter No. F.81-8/2019 dated 25th January 2019 about 10% seats in admission for Economically Weaker Section (EWSs).
• One seat is reserved in each of the discipline of Anthropology, Forestry, Environmental Science, Earth Science, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Adult Education, Dance (Manipuri), Mass Communication and Library & Information Science for candidates who have represented state/university at the inter-university/national/international competition of sports or other co-curricular activities and the two seats are reserved in each of the other discipline for such candidates. Such candidates should have participated at the events when they were at the post 10+2 level.
• 3% of the seats in each discipline are reserved for PWD candidates. Candidates who wish to avail these should produce a certificate from the competent authority (vide Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India’s letter No. DL/A/C CD/2002 dated 12.11.2002).
2. One supernumerary seat will be given in every discipline of the University to the Defence Service personnel in case they fulfil the prescribe qualification for admission to the discipline concerned.
3. 5% seats out of 15% supernumerary seats for foreign students will be reserved for the wards of the Indian workers in the Gulf (vide UGC’s letter F. 1-30/94 (CPP-II) dated 13.10.2000).
4. Two supernumerary seats will be provided to the displaced Kashmiri migrants (vide D.O. No.F.1-1-/2012 (SA-III) dated 13 March2015).
5. Preference may be given to students of other states (by domicile) on at least 20% of the prescribed seats in the Departments under the Special Assistant Programme of the University Grants Commission.
6. Two supernumerary seats in different department under the School of Humanities and Social Sciences may be given to the Myanmarese students subject to the nomination by the Government of Myanmar. Such candidates may not appear in the admission test and special concession maybe given in tuition and lodging fees.
7. One supernumerary seat in each discipline with Laboratory components and two supernumerary seats in each discipline without Laboratory components will be given to the son/daughter of the regular employees of the universities (Vide Academic Council under Resolution No. 6 (i) dated 12–May-2015).
8. 10% of the seat will be reserved for the Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) whose family gross annual income is below Rs. 8.00 lakh (vide Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Department of Personnel and Training, Govt. of India letter F.No.36039/1/2019-Estt. (Res.).
1. Weightage of 2 marks in overall index shall be given to those students who have participated in NSS Camp/Passed NCC (C Certificate) Course.
2. A weightage of 7 marks in the overall index shall be given to those who passed with Honours or Major in the concerned subject. This, however, shall not apply in case of admission into M.A. in Linguistics/Adult Education/Mass Communication/Dance (Manipuri)/M.L.I.Sc./M.C.A./ and M.Sc.(Biotechnology).
3. For admission into M.C.A. course, a candidate with B.C.A/B.Sc. Computer Science (Hons.) shall be given a weightage of 7 marks and B.Sc. with Computer Science (Elective) shall also be given 3 marks.
Read How to Apply Online Application for Admission
General Term & Condition