Department: Library and Information Sciences
No of posts: 02
Venue: Admin Block
Interview Date: 21-06-2019
A Master degree with 55% marks (or https://cutn.ac.in/careers/an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University. Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the University Grants Commission (Minimum standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil/Ph.D. degree) Regulations, 2009 of 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET. Further, the qualification for guest faculty shall be at par with the minimum qualification for Assistant Professors of Universities in UGC Regulations, 2018.
Other Terms and conditions:
1. Selected candidates shall be paid an Honorarium of Rs 1500/- per lecture subject to a maximum of Rs. 50,000/- per month.
2. The selected candidates shall be engaged on purely temporary basis for a period of one semester / six months. The services of Guest faculty will be terminated without notice if found unsatisfactory. Under any circumstances, candidate cannot claim any right for permanent position.
3. The number of vacancies indicated in this notification is tentative. The University reserves the right to fill any consequential vacancies, and / or to increase/decrease the number of vacancies and make engagements accordingly.
4. If more number of candidates turn up on the date of walk-in interview, candidates will be advised to appear for interview on another date which will be notified at the venue.
5. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the walk-in interview.
6. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
7. Canvassing in any format or bringing of any influence, political or otherwise, will be treated as disqualification on part of the candidate.
8. Before turning up for interview, please visit the University website for updates.
9. The guest faculty shall not be given the benefit of allowances, pension, gratuity and leave etc. as admissible to the regular teachers.
Note: Candidate desiring to appear for walk-in interview should report one hour earlier at the respective venue mentioned in the above table for registration. Interested and eligible candidates are invited with all original certificate and a copy of CV (5 sets). Superannuated teachers may also be considered for engagement as Guest Faculty subject to a maximum age limit of 70 years.
Click Here to View Advertisement Notification
Click Here for Download Application Form