TERI is organising a workshop on Research Data Management Tools and Techniques from 17-18 January 2019 at TERI, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi. This workshop is designed on the basis of current need of the research scholars and research support staff and other professionals who are involved in providing research services to his/her respective organisation.
Some of the select objectives of this would be to:
- Equip researchers and research support staff and other stake holders with the knowledge and skills they need to manage data more effectively
- Produce an effective data management plan
- Enhance skills of researchers and other stakeholders in managing and visualizing data with the help of freely available tools
The workshop programme has been developed in guidance with eminent subject experts to promote continuous improvement of core competency skills of the participants. The pedagogy of this workshop will include tutorial-type presentations, demonstrations, hands-on sessions with case studies/best practices, and will cover following topics:
- Introduction and Planning to Research Data Management
- Data Management: Using Metadata to Find, Interpret & Share Your Data
- Intellectual Property right in Data Management
- Data visualization: Learn to know how to present your Data
- Case based discussions
- Innovation in research support services
- Hands-on Training: R, Tableu and Advanced Excel
Workshop participants will be able to:
- Recognise the importance of good practice in managing research data in general and apply it within your own work context
- Apply knowledge gained to be able to draw up a data management plan and maintain it throughout the project life
- Be able to organise and document data efficiently during the course of your project
- Be aware of the options available for data storage
- Be able to use data visualization and analytics tools
The workshop is intended for a maximum of 30 participants including researchers, data scientists, data analysts, library and computer professionals and other information entrepreneurs who are involved and intended to involve in data management and handling activities.
- The registration fee is 3500 INR (including GST), which includes workshop kit and working lunch/tea.
- Confirmation of registration is possible only if the registration form is received with the registration fee.
- The transportation and lodging cost will be borne by the participants.
- Participants are requested to bring their own laptops for training purpose.
Last date for registration: 31 December 2018