Applications invited for the post of Assistant Librarian at RKMVERI – 18 May 2018
Notification date: 18 May 2018.
Applications are invited from qualified Library & Information Science professionals for the position of Assistant Librarian in Central Library, Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda Educational and Research Institute (formerly Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda University), Belur Math, Howrah.
- Upper Age Limit: 32 years
- A Master’s degree in Library Science / Information Science / Documentation Science from a recognised University / Institution, and
- BA/BCom/BSc (Hons) in any subject from a recognised University / Institution.
The screening process typically begins with review of candidate’s employment application and CV, followed by the interview.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Sound and working knowledge of using open source software such as Dspace, Koha, Reference Management Tools, Relational Database Management System (RDBMS), HTML/CSS, etc.
- Priority will be given to the candidates having B.Sc. (Hons) in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Minimum 2-5 years of work experience in a leading national level research and academic institute or university.
- Good Knowledge of bibliographic data conversion an MARC21
How to apply
Application has to be addressed to the Registrar and sent only by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A detailed CV and soft-copies of all the educational documents and work experience should accompany the application.
Last date to apply: 31 May 2018