Post : Assistant Librarian
Education : Bachelors degree in Library & Information Science
Functional Area : Library
Experience Required (in years) : 0 to 2
Job Description :
Job profile :
1. Classification, indexing, abstracting, of Library collection
2. Supervising acquisition, accessioning, cataloguing
1. Monitor library issues/returns, reservations, follow-up for overdue items, etc.
1. Browsing of newspapers, magazines, online resources, electronic databases
2. Identifying relevant topics, extent of coverage
3. Determining criteria for archives management
4. Determining recipients for CAS / SDI
5. Establishing contacts with all branch offices & catering to their requirements – be it lending from the collection or providing requisite information with no delay.
1. Monitoring publications & web contents for relevant information, culling & categorising details from various sources, & presenting in convenient formats
2. Researching, organizing & disseminating information relevant to Housing, Housing Finance Companies and other areas of operations of the HDFC group of companies.
1. Sourcing information from existing collection, electronic & web resources & other contacts, to respond to specific queries.
Web / Content management
1. Upload, disseminate information on relevant current topics through Intranet
2. Plan & execute activities/events – As a value addition to its internal customers & enhance positive interaction between the library & its users.
Desired Candidate Profile :
a) Good interactive & communicative skills
b) Computer literacy & internet skills, experience in handling electronic databases
Click Here for Apply Online