INELI SOUTH ASIA PROGRAM, IS YOUR PATHWAY TO ACHIEVE THAT DREAM AND GOAL!
- Do you feel the future of libraries is beyond books?
- Do you have ideas to change your public library?
- Do you feel like an inspiring and passionately driven Leader?
- Do you want to build your leadership and creative skills and be a part of an International Network of Public Librarians?
- Do you feel Libraries can act as knowledge and learning centres?
If yours responses are yes to the above questions, you are the right place and the right time for transforming yourself and be part of INELI South Asia Program.
Call for Nominations – INELI South Asia
The twenty months INELI South Asia (Afghanistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Myanmar, Maldives, Pakistan, SriLanka) leadership program will prepare you for innovation and change management roles in your career, in the public library field. You will have the opportunity to build your knowledge, attitude and skills from eminent experts in the library field in India, South Asia and across the globe. At the end of the program, you will be well prepared as an Inspiring INELI Innovator accelerating the pace of change, innovation and growth at your library and be part of the INELI South Asia network.
The INELI South Asia is an adaptation of the Global INELI program of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, commenced in August 2015, and forms part of the global seven regional INELI programs.
The Nomination Process
The INELI South Asia program is aimed at strengthening the capacity of library professionals working in public libraries from 9 South Asia Countries including a few from those run by civil society organizations. The selected participants for this program are expected to be high-performing learners, passionately driven, having foresight, and leaders in the making with demonstrated potential to pursue personal development and excellence in their work with a clear commitment to the INELI South Asia program, if selected. The selected innovative librarians will also be part of the INELI network driving the movement for India and South Asia. In addition, there must be a commitment and acceptance on the part of the department /organization to allow the participants to meet the requirements of the INELI India and South Asia program.
To gain the most out of the training, the following are the selection criteria:
- Desire to learn in a dynamic virtual and offline environment and willingness to contribute to the development of the self and for larger cause of public library transformation,
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in public library field,
- Be able to demonstrate a potential for leadership, innovation, collaboration, and community development,
- Preference will be given to those interested in community development,
- Proficiency in written and spoken English with good comprehension and understanding to participate actively in the online courses, meetings, projects and assignments,
- Age between 30 and 50 years. Relaxation in age either way would be considered in exceptional cases,
- Having access to reliable and robust technology (computers, software, and Internet connectivity),
- Have sufficient computer skills and willingness to learn through online learning platform,
- Willingness and be able to devote time within and outside of normal working hours to fully participate in all activities of the program (Minimum of about 10 hours per month),
- Willingness to participate in the three international Convenings’ (face to face meetings of all participants and their mentors ) of five to six days each including travel
- Interest to develop and implement innovative projects through partnerships in the library using the knowledge and skills acquired from the program, and
- Assurance that participation in the INELI India and South Asia program is supported by the department / organization so that no constraints are faced in this regard.
- Nominations will be sought from the respective Ministry/ Country Director of Public Libraries and other eminent persons,
- The nominated candidates to send in fully filled Application and Nomination forms in the prescribed format along with official approval from your respective department/organisation,
- The selection committee will shortlist the nominated candidates based on the selection cafeterias,
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by the panel of library experts,
- Candidates will be finalized and informed of their selection,
- Acceptance form has to be duly signed by both the candidate and their department head and respective ministries, permitting the candidate to participate in the international convenings’/conference/workshop organized through INELI program.
Role of Selected INELI Innovators
- Actively engage, and collaborate with the Innovators and mentors through the online learning program.
- All the online module exercises are to be completed on time.
- Gain understanding of the issues faced by public libraries in the region.
- Sharing of knowledge, experiences and learning’s with library staff and professionals to enable a stronger network of library professionals in their country.
- Willingness to network and build partnership with local / regional stakeholders for leveraging resources.
- Demonstrated desire to work in teams and in a collaborative manner both within the library department, and stakeholders to provide the best services for your societies
Apply now for INELI South Asia program
Kindly follow these set of instructions to ensure successful submission of your application for Cohort 3.
- Register Online
- Download the Nomination and Application forms
- Ensure the Nomination form is fully filled by the head of your department/organisation.
- Ensure the Application form is fully filled by you and duly signed by your head of department/organization.
- Attach updated Curriculum vita
- Submit your scanned copies/ e-copies of documents (nomination form, application form and CV) to email@example.com
There are no fees for the program. MSSRF will cover all costs related to travel, accommodation and subsistence for the participation of the participants in the three INELI South Asia convenings.
The final certification will be issued to each participants after successful completion of all modules and paticipates in the all face to face convenings.
For any question regarding the program or the completion of the Application Form/Nomination form, contact either Ms. Siranjothi by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +91-44- 22541229 / 22541698 / 22542699