Instruction to Candidates
1. Interested candidates should submit their application with all details of the academic qualification and experience to the Director, University Library, Anna University, Chennai- 600 025 on or before 13-10-2017 up to 5.45 PM. Those who have already applied for the above said post during the month of June, 2017, need not apply.
2. Tenure: For a period of One Year from the date of appointment on purely temporary basis with due break for a period of 5 days, for every six months.
3. Total Emoluments: Consolidated pay for Library Professionals/IT Professionals/Web Designer cum Programmer for Rs. 20,000/- per month, based on the experience and performance.
4. Short listed candidates will be called for an interview and selection will be based on the merits and ability.
5. No TA/DA will be paid for appearing for the interview.
6. Educational Qualification and Experience are given below.
- Library Professionals
Educational Qualification: Degree with M.L.I.S./M.Sc. Library Science (10+2+3+1+1/10+2+3+2)
Desirable Qualification & Experience: Experience in Academic Library and Open Source Software like KOHA, D-Space, Green Stone etc. Management of Institutional Repositories, Management of Digital Content, Indexing and Abstracting and proficiency in Computer Applications in LMS Should be ready to work in shifts.Minimum 3 years of Experience
2. I.T. Professionals
Educational Qualification: B.E./B.Tech. in Computer Science/ECE/IT
Desirable Qualification & Experience: Experience in server administration (Windows/Linux), including installation and configuration of Hardware, OS, network, tools along with patches Experience with web server (IIS and Apache) setup, configuration, operation, troubleshooting with log analysis. Backup and Restore operations, Security setup and configuration, Network administration – DNS setup and configuration, firewall setup and configuration, setup and configuration of proxy and security, High Availability with Virtualization, Load Balancing, Clustering, CCNA or Red Hat Certification preferred. Should be ready to work in shifts Minimum 3 years of Experience.
3. Web Designer/Programmer
Educational Qualification: B.E./ B.Tech./M.C.A./ M.Sc. in Information Technology, Computer Science or related subject
Desirable Qualification & Experience: Experience in web development to develop, document and deploy web sites, web services, web applications. Strong skills in the following areas –
a) Server script – PHP / ASP.Net
b) Scripting – Java script / Python / Ruby
c) Language – Java/ C#
d) UI – HTMl, CSS
e) DB – MySQL/ SQL/ Oracle
f) Reporting – Business Objects/Crystal Reports/ SQL Server Reporting Services Document and test web sites, web services, web applications Troubleshoot, resolve and perform technical root cause analysis for applications. Assist with application releases, process improvements and automation. Collaborate with other teams to ensure optimal performance of applications. Certification in JAVA/WEB DESIGN/DATA BASE is preferred. Should be ready to work in shifts. Minimum two years of experience