Supporting Library and Information Science research in South Asia
Call for South Asia library and information science research proposals
Emerald is delighted to offer a research grant for a South Asian project in the field of library and information science research. The award will offer £2,000 to fund the winning research project. In addition to the research fund it is also hoped that the findings of the research can be published in one of Emerald’s many excellent library and information studies titles. Applications should address the dissemination of knowledge for the benefit of South Asia.
The main member of the research team must be of South Asian origin or be based in South Asia.
For the purpose of this award, South Asian countries are defined as: India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and Maldives
Each application was judged, by a panel of experts, on the criteria below. The research must:
- Be of significance, and in particular, illustrate how it will benefit South Asia.
- Demonstrate originality and innovation.
- Make an outstanding contribution to theory and its application.
- Illustrate the appropriateness and application of the methodology.
- Demonstrate sound implications for theory and practice.
A research proposal must be submitted using the online application form at:
Last date for Submissions: October 15, 2017.
Announcement of Winners: December 2017.
For further information, please contact:
Emerald Group Publishing (India) Private Limited