Associate/Full Professor in Library Science
Sun Yat-sen University – School of Information Management
|Location:||Guangzhou, China – China|
|Placed on:||16th July 2017|
|Expires:||16th September 2017|
Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU), also known as Zhongshan University, has consistently ranked among the top 10 Chinese universities, and is a preeminent research institution and the premier location for talent development in China. The School of Information Management in SYSU is located in Guangzhou (very close to Hong Kong and Macau) and is a leading international player in research and teaching across Library Science, Archival Science, Information Science, and Information Management and Information Systems. The School is part of the iSchools movement and voting member of IFLA and ICA. We have consistently rated as one of the China’s top-five schools in the National subject assessment exercises. The School is also strongly committed to a process of Internationalization that follows National and University policies and is led by the first foreign Dean in field in China. Teaching and research activities can be led in either Mandarin Chinese or English.
We are now looking to appoint an Associate/Full Professor to join the Library Science Group. The LS Discipline Group provides an international, friendly and supportive environment for all its members. It is a highly research active and internationally competitive group, and its members regularly publish into Chinese and International scholarly journals. Applicants are expected to have a developed portfolio of publications at an internationally recognized level. From a teaching perspective, the successful applicant must be able and willing to deliver to the highest standards, and in line with the evolving requirements of the Library Science Group.
Successful applicants must hold a PhD in a related and relevant discipline, and have expert, deep knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Public librarianship, academic librarianship, children librarianship, school librarianship, metropolitan librarianship, special librarianship, library space management, libraries and communities, community activities
- Public culture services, culture administration and management, culture research
- Culture preservation and dissemination, cultural heritage preservation and conservation, history of books, history of libraries, history of documentation
- Rare collections development, rare book classification
- Digital humanities, digital library, smart library, library technology, IoT and libraries
- Reading and literacy promotion, communication and reading, information literacy, digital literacy, data literacy, media literacy, new media reading
- Information society, copyright, intellectual property
Compensation and Benefits:
The appointment will be on a renewable 5 year full time contract and will start as soon as possible after interview. SYSU offers salary, moving allowance and startup funds competitive internationally and commensurate with experience and academic accomplishment. SYSU also offers a comprehensive benefit package to employees and eligible dependents, including moving allowance, on-campus housing, children nursery and school, as well as health plan. SYSU will also actively encourage and support applications to prestigious and very well-funded National programs such as the 1000 Talent and the Yangzi Scholarships.
How to Apply:
Please submit (in English, PDF version) a cover letter and an academic CV plus any informal enquiries to Prof Alex Peng (email@example.com), who will guide you through the application process.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact: Prof Alex Peng, SYSU School of Information Management
Tel: +86 138 2442 9083 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will start immediately and will continue until 30th November 2017 or until all positions are filled.