National Workshop on Koha: Integrated Library Management System 24 – 25 July, 2017
Consortium of Private Academic Libraries in India (COPAL)
O. P. Jindal Global University
In association with
OpenLX Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
The workshop will be equally useful to the libraries planning to migrate from expensive proprietary software, as well as the libraries that are yet to embark upon library automation. The following major topics will be covered in the Workshop:
- Introduction to Open Source Systems and their application in the Libraries
- Koha and library automation: module by module
- Customization and Management of Koha
- Customization of Koha Online Catalogue(OPAC)
- Cataloguing MARC-21 framework.
- Installation and brief overview of Marc-Edit Software
- RFID technology and KOHA: SIP server, middleware, and RFID enabled devices. .)
Technical specialist from OpenLx Technologies and JGU Library will lead the Workshop.
The application for registration to the programme should be submitted in the enclosed prescribed form/online to O.P. Jindal Global University at Sonepat. Instructions for making payment are available in the Registration form. Accepted candidates will be provided confirmation by e-mail/telephone.
Participation is free for up to two professional staff from member institutions of COPAL. Fee for participants from non-member institutions is 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only) per person. The fee covers cost of training material, lunch, and morning &afternoon tea. All participants shall bear cost of travel and accommodation themselves. Accommodation can be arranged for a maximum stay of 3 days in the University Executive Housing, from 1000/- to 3000/- per night subject to availability. There are affordable hotels and guest houses near the University starting from 2500/- per night.