Library Technician of the Year Award
The Library Technician of the Year Award is maintained by the ALIA National Library Technicians group.
The award is administered by a selection panel comprising a minimum of three ALIA members appointed by the ALIA National Library Technicians Group.
Nominations are now open for the Library Technician of the Year (LTOY) 2017 Award. This award recognises the accomplishments of a library technician and ALIA group member who may have been innovative, achieved outstanding success, and brought honour to ALIA and/or provided commitment and service to the wider LT community. If you know of a candidate, please complete the nomination form (in secrecy) and return to email@example.com by 31st July 2017.
The nominee must:
- Be a personal Library Technician member of ALIA and a member of a library technician group.
The criteria used to demonstrate that the nominee is eligible as a recipient of the Award will include:
- Promoting the goals and objectives of the Association;
- Honouring contributions to the advancement of library technicians
- Publications in journals (for example, ALIA or other library related publication, hardcopy or electronic)
- Recognising excellence in LT practice;
- Presentations at conferences
- Personal achievement within the library sector
- Encouraging the professional development of LT students and new members to the profession.
To qualify as a referee, nominees must be able to corroborate what is put forward in the nomination – this should include an employer report and one from member(s) of the Group[s] the nominee is active in.
It is essential that nominees are NOT aware that they are being nominated for an award. Nominations are considered by the ALIA selection panel and details are published only when the nomination is successful. Groups of the Association in particular are asked not to note nominations in their agenda papers and/or minutes. Disclosure of such details may prejudice a nomination.
Completed nomination forms are emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and nominations are usually requested mid-year.
Perpetual sponsor of this award:
School of Computer and Security Science at Edith Cowan University