On the auspicious day of Guru Poornima (9th July 2017), the Ministry of Human Resource Development will organize an innovation and best practices conference on digital initiatives in Higher Education. All Vice-chancellors of Central Universities, Deemed-to-be Universities, Private Universities, State Universities, State Private Universities, Directors of Central Institutes such as IITs, IIMs, IISERs, IISc, IIITs, NITs and other central institutes are expected to participate in the conference to be held in Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi.
These initiatives would be launched/dedicated to the Nation during the Convention.
1. Study Webs of Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds (SWAYAM)
2. SWAYAM Prabha: the 32 Educational DTH Channels
3. National Digital Library (NDL)
4. National Academic Depository
5. e-Shodh Sindhu
5. Virtual Labs
11. The Free and Open Source Software for Education (FOSSEE)