Deputy Librarian – (UR-01)
Scale of pay (Grade Pay, Band Pay) PB – 3 (15600 – 39100) with Grade Pay of 8,000/-
Master’s Degree in Library Science / Information Science / Documentation with CGPA of 6.5 in 10 point scale or at least 60% of the marks or its equivalent grade of ‘B’ in the UGC seven point scale and a consistently good academic record.
1) Ten years’ experience as an Assistant Librarian/out of which at least 5 years to be in a post with AGP of Rs. 6000/- or above.
2) Evidence of innovative Library Service and organization of published work and professional commitment, computerization of library.
3) Knowledge of computer office applications like Word, Excel, Power Point etc.
6 Desirable Qualification:
M.Phil / Ph.D Degree in Library Science/ Information Science / Documentation / Archives and manuscript-keeping / computerization of library.
Minimum 5 years working experience in Central / State Govt. or similar organized services / Semi-Govt. / PSU / Govt. Autonomous organizations / Govt. Universities / Govt. Institutes of national importance.
- Develop and present recommendations on the formulation of library policies and procedures based upon current and emerging trends in library operations.
- Shall maintain the record of books under different heads and procure the books as per the requisitions received from the staff and Institute authorities.
- Oversee and evaluate, either directly or indirectly, the public service activities of the Library.
- Develop and direct the implementation of work standards for the library, integrating the use of technology and the application of new techniques into work processes.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and supervise library employees and the functions of the library and oversee the preparation of Library schedules.
- Provide leadership and promote staff development and training programmes.
- Participate in the preparation of statistical or narrative reports, and in the preparation and administration of departmental budgets.
- Age 45 years as on closing date of advertisement
Last date for submitting on-line application is July 07, 2017. Applicants need not send hard copy of the application at this stage.
For Applying Online: http://www.iisertirupati.ac.in/job-opportunities/iiserjobs/