Pay Band and Grade Pay: PB-4: 37400 – 67000 + Academic Grade Pay of Rs.10,000-
Number of Positions: One (01)
Essential qualification and experience:
- Master’s degree in Library Science Information Science Documentation with at least 55% of marks or its equivalent grade.
- At least 15 years of experience, in a library in a University or an R&D institution of which at least 8 years should be at the level of Deputy Librarian or its equivalent grade with a GP of 9000.
At least 13 years’ experience as Deputy Librarian with a GP 7600 / AGP 8000 or its equivalent grade in the library of an institute of national importance recognized by Govt. of India (http://mhrd.gov.in/institutions-national-importance) or centrally funded technical institutes universities.
At least 18 years’ experience as Assistant Librarian/ College Librarian with a GP 5400 / AGP 6000 or its equivalent grade in the library of an Institute of national importance recognized by Govt. of India (http://mhrd.gov.in/institutions-national-importance) or centrally funded technical institutes universities.
- One year specialization in the area of Information Technology Archives and Manuscript Keeping Database management systems from a recognized university Institute (PG Diploma in Computer Application Information Technology Library Automation Digital Library etc., or Training Associateship from NISCAIR, DRTC, IISc. etc.)
Desirable age limit: 50 years or above as of 1/7/2017
- D. degree in library science information science documentation archives and manuscript keeping.
- Experience with modern technology and practices for information storage, dissemination and networked access.
The person should have at least 8 years hands–on experience in digital technology for information storage, retrieval, dissemination and network access in libraries with holdings (digital + physical) of over 100,000.
Tenure of appointment: Till his her date of superannuation age, or as per contract, whichever is applicable.
Application form is to be filled ON-LINE using the Pingala recruitment system only. Application form sent in any other mode will not be entertained. Mere fulfillment of qualifications and other requirement laid down in the advertisement does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Mere submission of the application will not entail a right for claiming interview. In case a large number of applications, Institute may set criteria for short listing of candidates. The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without assigning any reason.
The last date of receiving applications against this advertisement is 29th June 2017.
For Applying Online: