Web and IT Officer at IFLA Headquarters
The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) Headquarters is looking for an experienced Web and IT Officer (a full-time position, 36 h/week) to join a dynamic team of 25 people that manages and develops programmes for members and the library and information sector worldwide. The IFLA websites, and other web and IT services are critical for IFLA’s information, communication and representation needs, and to achieve its international reach. The Web and IT Officer position will play a key role in the development of IFLA’s Web services and IT infrastructure to achieve this.
IFLA Headquarters is located in The Hague (next to The Hague Central Station) in The Netherlands.
Key areas of Responsibility
This role will be responsible for:
- Maintaining IFLA’s websites and other online applications, to ensure that they utilize current applications and deliver innovative services that meet organizational needs within the human and financial resources available;
- Maintaining IFLA’s membership management system for an effective integration with IFLA’s other operations where necessary;
- Coordination of systems contractual agreements with external web and IT suppliers to meet all compliance, performance and financial requirements;
- Effectively maintaining IT and communications facilities for IFLA Headquarters in collaboration with other staff and the external IT support company (troubleshooting technical issues, basic maintenance and necessary updates of IT infrastructure: servers, network, hardware and software).
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven experience and success in maintaining of web and IT applications to meet organizational needs;
- Experience with maintaining LAMP-based web servers, internet domain registrations and DNS records;
- Experience with administrating relational database systems, MySQL and preferably also MS SQL;
- Experience supporting Windows computers, installation and configuration of software and hardware, simple network and user administration tasks;
- Experience with administrating Office 365 and SharePoint;
- Fluency in English;
- Strong teamwork and communication skills (written and spoken);
- Proven ability to problem-solve;
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload;
- Demonstrated initiative and vision – the capacity to coordinate the development of IT services and apply cost-effective innovative solutions.
Additionally, the candidate will have:
- Experience with working within an international organization;
- Experience with the use of Crystal Reports and/or Integra or similar membership management/CRM systems;
- Experience with building and maintaining websites in Drupal and/or WordPress;
- Knowledge of Mac computers and their operating system;
- Understanding of the role and functions of an international professional member-based organization;
- Analytical, planning and budgeting skills.
The gross monthly salary will depend on your skills and experience. You will also receive a holiday allowance (8% of your annual salary), an end of year bonus and enjoy 25 days of holidays per year. You will also participate in IFLA’s group pension scheme.
The closing date is 30 June 2017.
How to apply
Please send your CV including a brief motivation letter highlighting/summarizing relevant experience and skills for the position in English to email@example.com. Only candidates with valid documentation to work in The Netherlands will be considered.